I finished the binding on this last night while watching the Track & Field events. I may still add some of her all district music patches and I guess it does need a label of some kind.
This is the back. They are in the exact position to be correct with the t shirt fronts when there was one. Then there are a few fronts only on this side too. Then, the turquoise one, I pieced the front and back to make it work in one block on this side.
It is a very heavy quilt. I am glad I went with the washable wool batting which is much lighter weight than warm & natural which is my usual go to batting.
This quilt will be going to the dorm with my daughter along with the pillows etc that follow.
Here is the front and back of a 24 inch pillow I made for her.
And the front and back of an 18 inch pillow.
And here are some pot holders and tea towels I put together for her to use also. Things coming from the microwave can be hot and messy, you know.
This is a glimpse of a quilt that my daughter wanted to make for a friend’s little boy who is turning one year old this week. Basically she ran out of time so I got the quilt started, we both worked on getting the top sewn together last night, I quilted it today and have the binding sewn on so that she can do at least some of the hand sewing on it over the next few evenings.
Pretty happy with the second quilt finish for August along with some pillows etc. I am feeling very productive.