This is where I will list my goals and update my accomplishments throughout the year- more for my own records and examination than for others but I hope it will be interesting.
So, last year, I managed to lose about 30 pounds and run a half marathon. However, I gained back all the weight and haven’t been really running in forever! My excuses were many- its too hot to run, too cold to run, I’m too busy, I’m too lazy…
For 2017, I want to get back with my running- no half marathon goal or anything so adventurous but more of a lifestyle change that can be continued forever and still accommodate my life and other interests.
- run or elliptical or hiking at least 3 days per week
- 100 days of miles challenge in 2017
- eat better- more fruit, more veggies, less sugar, less bread, less coffee creamer
Here I am going to include my list of works in progress, patterns or fabric I own that haven’t even been started, and quilts that absolutely need to be finished this year. It is going to be a shocking list to some of you, others will be able to relate…
I have also decided to join the 17 projects in 2017 challenge. See it here: https://pomegranateandchintz.wordpress.com/17-ufos-in-2017/ My 17 projects are in bold.
- barely started and must finish by May red, black, grey graduation quilt– double sided- completed June 2017
- not started or purchased yet, must finish by May graduation quilt
- must quilt & bind ASAP antique quilt for a friend- need to piece the back- NYE on the machine- 2 more rows to go, then binding. I can’t find the fabric that I bought for binding…
- Lillian”s Disney quilt- double sided- need to finish piecing the back and quilt it…
- bind Lillian’s hand art quilt
- Orca art quilt started in a Gail Garber workshop
- Orca Bay mystery- finish piecing etc.
- Easy Street Mystery- finish piecing etc.
- Hand binding of Oklahoma Back roads-finished Feb. 11, 2017
- Hand binding of Orange/pink hearts quilt
- birds in the air blocks- won from block lotto- make into a quilt
- bind garden lattice quilt
- bind statue of Liberty QOV
- bind Quilts for Kids baby quilt and send off
- quilt & bind pagoda quilt
- finish applique, etc. geisha quilt
- finish 4 block a week quilt along
- finish row by row animal quilt and publish patterns on blog-done but still a flimsy
- finish 2 England/Europe quilts- one for me, one for my sister
- new paris blocks purchased for scrap quilt…
- 2 raggedy ann & andy quilt for me and mom
- safe haven quilt- started with a friend and now long forgotten
- sherbet colored layer cake blocks into a quilt
- french quarter green and brown- finish piecing
- Oliver’s picnic quilt
- quilt & bind sewing machine quilt
- Antique reproduction from Williamsburg museum
- Snapshots quilt along- need to finish blocks- only about half way through
- Row by row hawaiian fabrics- only about a third of the rows done
- bark cloth- need to quilt
- hawaiian fabrics collected- need to choose a pattern
- Sandia Sunrise- my own design- partially pieced
- polar bear- fabrics purchased
- cat and dog scrap quilt- fabrics purchased
- Harry Potter book shelf- partially pieced
- participate in block lotto as much as possible- starting with January blocks ASAP- 5 January blocks made on December 29th!
Is anyone overwhelmed yet? I certainly am!!!!
37. granny square scrap quilt- a few blocks done
38. Orange Jelly roll race
39. Ivory 9 patch- need to finish piecing
40. I am sure there are more but that’s all I can remember without cleaning the sewing room which is almost too messy for me to get into to start working…oh, yes, Victoria falls- a scrap quilt in my own design.
41. Brown and green 4 patch scrap quilt- made some progress in January
42. Tv cabinet runner
43. modern quilt from a workshop
Ouch…I better get started. Se why I have no time to run!!!! Forget groceries, I will be sewing all day.
To add to the to-do list, my current passion is learning to crochet. I started a lap afghan last night. Looks like it will be smaller than I really wanted so I will finish it and then still want another one probably. However, it is a good size for learning how to ripple. I am trying to not have too many crochet projects going. I just have this and an almost finished dog sweater right now. But, I have yarn for so much more…
To top that all off, I absolutely MUST complete a dossier for work in order to earn a huge raise. My personal deadline is March, though it really isn’t “DUE” until October. Wish I didn’t know that…
Child number one is starting her second semester of college and is hoping to get an apartment next year rather than a dorm…
Child number two will be a senior next year and needs to start researching colleges…
My husband and I need more time together! We would like to do more hiking, more backpacking, more photography outings- his hobby, not mine.
Would be great if I could become a better housekeeper in there and still find some time to enjoy reading and writing some fiction. Has anyone figured out this cloning stuff yet? I could use a few more of me…I’m sure we all could.
So, 2017, already as crammed full as all other years. I will be celebrating accomplishments, not chasing after goals.
Blessings to you in the New Year!