In addition to reading everyone’s NYE blogs, I chose to load this antique quilt onto the machine for my NYE project.  It has been a bear!  Turns out that it is no where near square and the polyester/broadcloth outer border is not helping- it was not measured correctly to begin with.

This is a quilt that a friend of mine inherited and requested that I quilt for him.  He has about 9 or 10 of them.  This is the second one I have done.  I have been stewing about this one since August.

As it is, it has mostly come out beautifully but he will end up losing about 2 or 3 of the 5 inch wide border due to nasty puckers, especially on one side.

After I woke up this morning around 8 am, almost fully recovered from my stomach bug, I managed to work on the graduation quilt and then get the backing put together for this one.


I also managed to throw together a rarely seen dish around here – lasagna.  The bread credit goes to my husband and his bread machine.  He uses the machine to mix and raise the first time, then makes a loaf, allows to rise again before baking.  Speaking of…I think I need to go grab me another piece of that yummy loaf…

There won’t be much more quilting going on around here if I don’t get out to get me some rotary cutting blades ASAP!

Happy New Year all!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s