This is the amount of snow you need for schools to be cancelled here in the desert.
Here is the view from the front porch. Seriously though, there was about an inch of ice on the roads and it didn’t melt until about 11am.
That allowed me to finish up a challenge project from Persimon Dreams-http://persimondreams.blogspot.com/2017/01/8-is-greatchallenge-1-of-project.html that I thought I probably wouldn’t get done. The challenge was to make a quilt using the number 8. My son’s vote, of course was for billiards- good idea but it didn’t inspire me. Then I thought of my dogs. No, I don’t really have 8 dogs although my husband would tell you it seems like we do. I have 4 poodles and 3 of them are miniatures so they don’t even count as full dogs, right?
Anyway, here is what I came up with…
The lettering and dog paws are courtesy of my embroidery machine. For the dogs, I just looked up “dog silhouette” on google and then printed them using word- making them all the width of the paper – they are not in true to life proportion to each other but are all a similar size. I rarely do applique- after sewing around the first dog, I remembered why…
Yes, I did all 8 of them in a narrow zig zag, around every nook and cranny…I was too lazy to change the thread for each dog so they all have orange thread for top stitching. All fabrics were in my stash though that doggie border is a brand new piece-I got it for Christmas. I machine bound the quilt which I rarely do but since it is a wall-hanging, no one, other than me, will ever know how awful the back looks!
This is so frustrating to me and has happened on my last two quilts- seam right on the mitered edge. UGH! I even tried to prevent it this time and failed- the last corner got me. Guess I didn’t look far enough ahead.
I will link up this post with the challenge as soon as I go find the website and link up area again…