This week’s challenge, over at Persimmon Dreams, is to use BRIGHTS.
Here is my first row and the next one started. The lighting is not great because it is really a lot brighter than shown. I am using some scraps from another quilt I am working on- it is in rows and the rows just need to be sewn together. Maybe I will show it soon. I ended up switching out a lot of the fabrics I had planned on using though so will need to think of another scrap quilt to use those.
I knew I wanted to make this quilt as soon as the magazine arrived.
I almost never follow a pattern anymore that I didn’t create myself or change in some way but for this one, I am following the pattern completely but with my scrap fabrics. It actually is going pretty slow because I laid out all the fabrics ahead of time to make sure I don’t get too much of one fabric together. If I was just pulling fabrics randomly, it would go much faster.
I am hoping that I will be inspired to free motion this one with my long arm rather than an all over pattern. It just depends what is going on when I get it done.
I do not expect to finish it this week as is required for the challenge. I am also trying to get a binding sewn down on a Valentine-ish quilt that has been waiting for a binding for about 3 years.
Here is a glance at all the fabrics laid out ahead of time. There are going to be some interesting half square triangle bonus blocks when this one is all done. 144 of them to be exact. Not sure if I will make them into pinwheels or star points or patchwork squares…
Now, if I only had about 3 more days of weekend…